SAT I (breakdown): 2200 super (770m, 750cr, 680 writing), 2190 single 760m
ACT (breakdown): n/a
SAT II (place score in parentheses): 790 MathII 780 US History
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.94
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 4/300
AP (place score in parentheses): 5s APUSH, AB Calc, WHAP
4s Lit, Physics 1
IB (place score in parentheses): n/a
Senior Year Course Load: AP (Chem, Lang, Stats, Am. Gov, Physics 2)
Spanish 4
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): NSLI-Y (great, everybody should apply)

Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parentheses): Swim: reg high school stuff
Ultimate Frisbee: Regional team, high school
Student Council: Started a Hogwarts-style competition based on attendance, etc, (Pres 11th, not this year lol)
Trivia Team: Monthly competitions, appear on PBS for HS quiz show
Science League: Monthly competitions
State Student Advisory Council: gather with state's students to act as student voice, Run by MA DESE
School Improvement Council: group consisting of admit, community members, parents, student reps
Peer Mediation: student mediator w/ other students
Job/Work Experience: Snow shoveler: lol
Volunteer/Community Service: Math tutoring: middle school kids
Summer Activities: NSLI-Y, went to china, interned at chinese camp (you get the theme)
Essays: Common app-Watching jeopardy and how that explores my interests (8/10)
Short Activity Supplement-Ultimate and how it's my passion (10/10)
Optional supplement-Talked about personal connection to harvard (9/10)
Had essays edited by friend on crimson staff (really good advice!)
Teacher Recommendations: Physics teacher-Remember it to be very detailed (10/10)
Spanish-Talked about how I lead classroom discussion (8/10)
Counselor Rec: didn't see, but she knew i challenged myself. didn't spend a lot of time together but she likes me
Additional Rec: Principal-Talked about student council work, probably really good (maybe one of the main reasons I got admitted??)
Interview: Had it with really nice recent grad. She seemed to like me, and we talked about our personal backgrounds after the official interview ended.

[ b]Other
Applied for Financial Aid? Yea (probably gonna be amazing--like lottery good compared to other schools)
Projected Concentration: IDK, science/int'l relations maybe
State (if domestic applicant): MA (we're cuddle buddies with cambridge)
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Rising Public (still really under achieving, but I cant imagine going anywhere else)
Ethnicity: Asian/White (so Other yea!!!)
Income Bracket: Very Middle Class
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): nope, maybe my grandfather's legacy did something
[ b]Reflection
Strengths: I really emphasized my roots and proximity to Harvard, which I know that you probably can't do but definitely try to mention how harvard could fit into your life. i had fine grades and showed passion in specific areas.
Weaknesses: Relatively low test scores, low rank, no major awards (except NSLI-Y maybe)
Why you think you were accepted: I had swim practice right before and I had basically convinced myself that I would get deferred.
Where else you are applying or have already applied: maybe yale, princeton, carleton definitely (love that school, would seriously consider going there above other top schools, maybe even harvard we'll see)
General Comments/Advice/Hindsight: I make an account specifically for this. I am about as normal as you can get. I really do not why i make it. But i did. And. So. Can. You. My very unprofessional opinion is to be genuine with yourself and put a lot of time in your essays (use details like drugs). Mostly I am just happy that I can act as a model of the possible for the younger kids from the tough part of town (where I went to school). But most of all, good luck and believe!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

常春藤之路 ivytrack.org  

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

GMT-4, 2024-5-16 15:48 , Processed in 0.038194 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表