主题

帖子

积分

管理员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2020-10-28 15:40:54 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
1. I already submitted, can I change some of my answers?
You can return at any time and change your answer to any question in the Common App tab for future submissions. Remember, the changes won't appear in applications that you have already submitted and you cannot make any changes to submitted applications.

2. How do I assign my recommenders?
Once you've added your Teacher or Other Recommender to your "Invite and Manage Recommenders" list, you'll need to assign them to a college so that the Common App knows to send that recommendation to that school. This lets you decide which colleges receive certain recommendations. Assigning a recommender to at least one college also generates the invitation email to be sent to the recommender.

To assign a Teacher or Other Recommender follow these steps.
a. Go to the Recommenders and FERPA section of a school in the My Colleges tab
b. Scroll down until you see the "Teacher" or "Other Recommender" section
c. Click on the box to select the Teacher or Other Recommender you want to assign. Note that you may need to click "Add Another" for optional recommendations
d. Click on the "Assign" button to assign that recommender

Congrats! Your recommender is now assigned. You'll need to repeat this assigning process for each of your schools and for each of your Teachers and Other Recommenders.

3. Is there a limit to the number of edits I can make to my personal essay once I've submitted an application?
You are allowed unlimited edits to the essay after your first application submission.

To edit your personal essay, go back into the Common App tab and click on the Writing section. Simply click within the text box and make any changes that are needed.  Be sure to save any changes by clicking "Continue" when you're finished.

4. What is the FERPA Waiver?
Since FERPA is a complex law, we want to provide some key information before you respond to the FERPA waiver question.

I. How does FERPA relate to your college application?
FERPA regulates the privacy of student education records, which could include your application to the college where you enroll. FERPA also gives you the right to review confidential letters of recommendation provided as part of that application after you enroll.

II. In the application you'll be asked if you want to waive the right to review confidential letters of recommendation.  What you should you know about this waiver?
Waiving your right lets colleges know that you do not intend to read your recommendations, which helps reassure colleges that the letters are candid and truthful.
Some recommenders may decline to write a letter for you if you do not waive your rights. Check with your counselor or teachers to see if any of them follow such a policy.

III.  Still unsure how to respond?
That’s OK. Many students are. Before you move on, take a moment to discuss your decision with your counselor, another school official, or your parent/legal guardian.

5. I'm ready to submit my application but I don't have my transcripts yet. What can I do?
Before applying, please check with your counselor or school administration office to see if you can get access to your transcript. If you don't need to submit your application immediately and one of your colleges requires Courses & Grades, you should wait until you can complete Courses & Grades before submitting.

If you aren't able to get your transcript before you need to submit your application to a required college for a deadline, that's okay. Select "No" in response to the "I have access to my transcript(s)" question. Your application will not be penalized and the college will still get your official transcript from your counselor.

6. Can I submit my application before my recommenders submit their forms?
You are allowed to submit your application before your counselor or teachers submit their school forms whether they choose to do so online or on paper. The Common Application system allows recommendations to be submitted even after the application has been submitted.

Before you submit your application, please follow up with your teachers and counselors to ensure they will be able to complete and submit a recommendation prior to the school's stated application deadline.

7. What are the Early Decision requirements?
If you are applying online and applying Early Decision (ED) to an institution, it is necessary that you complete the ED Agreement. In order to complete and submit this form you must first select the Early Decision term option for one school. Once this decision is selected, the ED Agreement will be available in the Recommenders and FERPA section of your Common App account.

a. You, the applicant, must read and sign the agreement from within your Common App account. You must then notify your counselor that you are applying ED. Go to the Recommenders and FERPA section to read and sign the ED agreement, then save the page.

b. Your counselor must read and sign the agreement from within their Common App account (if your counselor has agreed to complete school forms online).

c. You need to add and then select a parent/legal guardian at the bottom of the page in the Recommenders and FERPA section before the online ED agreement is sent to this person. Enter your Parent/Legal Guardian details and save the page.

d.must go to the URL provided, enter their email address (enter it exactly as it appears on the notification email, it is case sensitive), read and sign the ED agreement, then save it.

If your counselor is not completing the school forms online, you must print the ED agreement (found in the Recommenders and FERPA section), obtain all required signatures and give the forms to the counselor to send directly to the institution. Please note the counselor is responsible for the submission of the ED agreement once you have completed it.

If your parent/legal guardian does not have an email address, their signature is not required. However, your counselor must still sign their portion to complete the online ED Agreement process and enable you to submit your application.

8. How do I get official test scores sent to my schools?
When you take your college entrance examinations, please make sure your test results are sent directly to your selected institutions by the testing agency, e.g. College Board or ACT. Although you can self-report your scores on the application, they are not a replacement for your official scores.

If you don't want to send your test scores to every school you're applying to, you have the option to indicate which school should receive your test scores. You'll just need to remove your test scores from the Testing section before submitting to a specific school. You can then add your scores back in the Testing section to submit to schools that are not test optional. If the test scores are listed they will be provided to the school.

Note about ACT Test Scores:
If you took the ACT Plus Writing test, you will receive a Writing Test Subscore in addition to your primary scores. Your Writing Test Subscore, not the Combined English/Writing score, is what you should enter in your Common App. For more information, please visit theACT website.

9. What information can schools see about my application before I submit it?
Schools do not have any access to your information until you add them to your My Colleges list. At that point, they can see only the information you have filled out for their school. They cannot see other schools to which you are applying.

Any schools listed under My Colleges will have access to the following information from your application:
• Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Suffix, Preferred Name, City, State, ZIP, Country, Ethnicity, Sex, Applicant ID, Citizenship Status, DOB, Entry Term, Decision Type, Applicant Type (First Year or Transfer), Academic Interest, Paid Status, Recommenders, School CEEB and School Name

If you permit schools to communicate with you prior to submitting an application, they will also have access to:
• Permanent Home Address, Alternate Phone, Cell Phone, Alternate Phone, Email, and SSN

Once you submit an application to a school, that school will have access to all the information on the specific application.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

常春藤之路 ivytrack.org  

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

GMT-4, 2024-5-16 10:33 , Processed in 0.032797 second(s), 21 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表